Thursday, March 17, 2011

First Entry

I have kept journals my entire life.  Decided to switch from paper journaling to online.

This is a good point to start, because I feel like I have a new lease on life.  I have been a Christian for 35 years, but only this year have I really understood what it is to walk in grace.  Up until the last four or five months, I have always tried way too hard to "be good", to be what I knew I should be, to do things right, to please God.  The least little thing could make me feel like I failed Him.  I was under the mistaken impression that somehow God would someday be able to "sanctify" me and maybe eventually really baptize me in the Holy Ghost and with power.  I never understood what it was like to walk in grace.

Now, things that I have always sort of known, I finally believe.  Jesus did a complete work at the cross.  He defeated all powers and principalities, He bore all my sins and sicknesses, He absolutely 100% redeemed my life.  How God sees me pure and white as snow through the blood of Jesus, I will never know.  But I'll tell you this much:  knowing that He does, that there will never ever be another thing that can separate me from Him, that I am redeemed from every curse of the law, and that there is no condemnation, not one shred, for me in Christ Jesus, I have found that knowledge has actually empowered me to walk in a way I have never been able to up until now!

I love God, and I love Jesus for suffering and dying for me.  As I walk in grace, I am so happy and content.  There could be no better life!

No comments:

Post a Comment